Sale or Transfer of a Property


A Certification Letter and Final Bill are required for all sales and transfers of properties in the Warminster Municipal Authority (“the Authority”) Service Area, including deed transfers and $1.00 sales.   The Authority has revised the procedure for obtaining a Certification Letter and Final Water/Sewer Bill as of September 15, 2021.    

In preparing a Certification Letter, the Authority confirms the existence/status of any: Liens, Grinder Pumps, Easements, Industrial Wastewater Permits, Commercial Water Supply and Waste Disposal Agreements (WSSDA), or other Agreements between the Seller and the Authority.  The Authority also inspects the property to determine if there are any violations of the Authority’s Regulations (i.e., sump pump discharge, paved-over curb box, inaccessible meter, improper stormwater discharge, etc.). 

The Certification Letter will be provided to the Seller and Realtor after the inspections have been performed and it will list any agreements and violations identified.  If Agreements need to be signed with the Buyer, the Authority will contact them directly using the contact information provided on the Certification Request Form.

A final bill will be sent to the Title Company the day before the settlement date.  This bill will include charges for usage through the bill date and any additional fees not previously paid, including the Certification Fee (amounts listed below).  This bill is to be paid by the Title Company within 10 days of settlement.

If a settlement is rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, contact WMA as soon as possible.  Any closing that is postponed or cancelled after the final bill is processed will have a fee of $20.00 added for each additional final bill prepared.  

Please review the additional guidelines below:

  • The Authority is to be notified of any sale of a property at least 10 business days prior to settlement.  Either the Seller, Realtor, or Title company must complete the Certification Request Form on the Authority’s website with the required information.
  • Information required for the Certification Request Form includes:
    • Service Address, Tax Parcel #, WMA Account #, Type of Property
    • Seller’s forwarding contact information (name, phone #, email, mailing address)
    • Buyer’s contact information (name, phone #, email address, Bill To address)
    • Title Company’s contact information (name, phone #, email address)
    • Realtor’s contact information (name, phone #, email address)
  • Certification Fees per Service Address are as follows:
    • Request Form submitted at least 10 business days prior to settlement:  $100.00
    • Request Form submitted less than 10 business days prior to settlement:  $120.00
    • Additional final bill prepared due to change in settlement date:  $20.00
  • Inspection Appointments are required and must be completed at least 5 business days prior to settlement. Inspections are performed on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  The Seller or Realtor are responsible for scheduling the Water and/or Sewer Department inspections by contacting the Authority at 215-675-3301 Ext. 204.
  • If there are two Authority Account Numbers for the same Service Address, they can be entered on the same form in Section 2, separated with a comma (,).  Enter the first 9 digits of each Account Number.
  • If there are multiple Service Addresses on one Tax Parcel (i.e., Commercial strip-mall or Industrial complex), a Certification Request Form and Certification Fee is to be submitted for each Service Address, separately.
  • If a property is acquired through a Sheriff Sale or Tax Sale, the Certification Fee will be included in the final bill that was sent to the County prior to the sale.  The Buyer of a property from Sheriff Sale or Tax Sale is required to contact the Authority to schedule the Water and/or Sewer Inspections and to update their contact information. 
  • The Certification Letter provided by the Authority is effective for 60 days from the date of issuance.  If settlement does not occur within 60 days, a new Certification Letter may be required. 
  • Certification Fees will be included in the Final Bill prepared for the settlement date.  If settlement is cancelled, the Certification Fee will be included on the Seller’s next regular Water and/or Sewer bill. 


Certification Request Form (online)


Contact the Authority at 215-675-3301 Ext. 204 if you have any additional questions.